I have volunteered to help create Android training documentation at my workplace and someone requested training on this subject so I thought I would pass along the lesson. I am using an Evo 4G running the official Android 2.2 release so keep in mind this may not apply to all Android phones (I could not find a calibration tool on a Non-HTC Android phone I am reviewing).
Here is a little about the keyboard calibration tool and why you may want to perform this action: There are many variables that can impact how well text is entered on the Evo 4G. Use this tool to calibrate the keyboard to your fingers and to increase accuracy when typing. The process requires you to type “the quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog” as it would cover all letters in the alphabet and start to remember the way you key your text location on the screen.
How to find the keyboard calibration tool:
- Press the Menu button from the Home screen and Select Settings
- Select Language & Keyboard
- Select Touch Input
- Select Text Input
- Select Calibration Tool
How to configure the keyboard calibration tool:
- Hold the smartphone comfortably in your hand, as you would for normal use
- Touch each red box as it changes from letter to letter
- Press the Home button when finished